Read more about the article Broad Peak: Waiting game
Building an operating table at Broad Peak bace camp

Broad Peak: Waiting game

It seems as if I have written similar entries in previous blogs but I guess we forget very quickly what mental challenge climbing an 8000m peak is. But let me start from scratch. On Monday morning several avalanches came down below camp 1 on Broad Peak. Unfortunately…

WeiterlesenBroad Peak: Waiting game

A few days of rest

It has been exactly 21 days since we left Skardu and we have actually achieved quite a lot. Sergey, Rene, Simba and I have spent 3 nights on broad peak. The first night we were at the tiny site of Camp 1 at 5,300m and the following…

WeiterlesenA few days of rest

Shishapangma avalanche, Billi safe

Robot: You may have heard or seen news of an avalanche on Shishapangma on 24 September, which very sadly took several young lives. Billi just reported briefly from Zhangmu as she returns to Kathmandu, possibly today (30th). You'll have a much fuller report of the happenings The…

WeiterlesenShishapangma avalanche, Billi safe
Read more about the article Shishapangma update 22nd September
Suzanne, Billi und Christof im Eisbruch

Shishapangma update 22nd September

Back at ABC For a more detailed report in German, please visit www.kobler-partner.ch.After three windy nights on the mountain, we are back at the comfortable altitude of 5,700m at our ABC, which feels great. I don’t know why some people claim that Shisha Pangma is the easiest 8,000m-peak…

WeiterlesenShishapangma update 22nd September

20th May update

All good here...getting warmer and less windy by the day and we are looking at going to the summit around 25 or 26 May...meaning that we will leave ABC either on 21 or 22nd May. I am well, eating well, feeling strong apart from the lack of…

Weiterlesen20th May update

At camp 2 on Makalu

Hi all, This is Billi's Robot. Billi just called from her satphone from camp 2 (6400m). She says all is well. The Sherpa team are fixing ropes to camp 3 now (7400m). If all goes to plan then they will ascend to camp 3 and sleep one…

WeiterlesenAt camp 2 on Makalu

Ama Dablam update October 30, 2013 at 11:31AM – The most expensive sanitary towels in the world

If you get queasy when it comes to women's issue, then stop reading right here. However, if you are interested in a funny story involving sanitary towels, keep on reading. When Katharina, Shinji, Greg and I walked to Gorak Shep and then Kala Pattar a few days…

WeiterlesenAma Dablam update October 30, 2013 at 11:31AM – The most expensive sanitary towels in the world

The easy way up

This is just a quick update to let you know that I left the smog and heat of Kathmandu behind and have arrived in the Everest region. I have had an unusually fast trip as I got the chance to take a helicopter to Phortse, which lies…

WeiterlesenThe easy way up

Makalu expedition over

Robot: As reported by Billi on her satphone: "EXPEDITION OVER. WE R AT C2 BUT ITS FAR TOO WINDY TO MOVE TO THE MAKALU LA. WEATHER NOT SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE, SO WE ARE GOING DOWN. MORE ..." soon.... See more updates on Billi's Twitter feed.

WeiterlesenMakalu expedition over

Billi on Twitter

Hopefully will will now also being on Twitter and posting from her satphone over the coming days. Hopefully. Follow her here: https://twitter.com/BilliBierling Tweets by @BilliBierling

WeiterlesenBilli on Twitter

Robot update

Robot here. Received a small text from Billi yesterday. It mentioned that she is safe and well and hoping to be up the around 29 September (i.e. today). She says also that she is feeling good but slow, as always.  More updates as I receive them!

WeiterlesenRobot update

Leaving the Khumbu

After two days of brisk walking, I arrived in Lukla on Sunday night hoping that I would get to Kathmandu on Monday morning. However, the Agni Air plane that I was supposed to fly to the capital with, unfortunately crashed in Jomsom - the gateway to the…

WeiterlesenLeaving the Khumbu

Expedition cancelled

Most of you might have heard already that Russell Brice has cancelled all his Himalayan expeditions for this season. The reason is the particularly dangerous route through the icefall this year as well as the rockfall on the Lhotse Face. You will find the reasons for this…

WeiterlesenExpedition cancelled